Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

February 21, 2018, 05:09:06 PM
: 1
: Which one is purer?  ( 4741 )
« : May 15, 2007, 11:14:39 PM From Prateek»

Which one is purer?

You have two thermoses. The first contains a liter of milk, the second contains a liter of pure chocolate syrup. You pour one cup of milk out from the first thermos to the second one. Then, after mixing that, you take one cup of the mixture from the second thermos, and pour it back into the first thermos. After completing these two operations, which thermos is more pure?

Liked It? Share it!

« #1 : May 27, 2007, 07:57:25 PM From Deven»

Answer: The thermos having the chocolate syrup is more purer.
If one cup of milk is mixed in thermos containing chocolate syrup wont change its texture since syrup is lot more thicker than the milk. But if one cup of the mixture from the chocolate syrup is mixed in milk the resulting mixture will be less likely to contain its colour. ;-)
« #2 : May 28, 2007, 01:31:50 PM From Prateek»

Hey Deven, I think the question is about which will be more diluted with the other liquid. I don't it has got anything to do with the color they obtain after mixing one with another.

If you think the 2 differ in density by a considerable amount, then take the liquids as water and wine instead of milk and chocolate syrup.
« #3 : May 30, 2007, 03:30:45 AM From kurchi»

the thermos containing milk will be purer...the % of milk in the thermos wid chocolate syrup is more.Now since the mixture is added to the thermos containing milk,a less % of chocolate will be added to milk(and remaining % of milk) as opposed to milk added to the syrup
« #4 : May 30, 2007, 06:28:56 PM From krishna»

both will are equally pure
« #5 : May 30, 2007, 07:14:16 PM From Prateek»

Kurchi is right.
The milk will be more purer.

When you are adding one cup of milk to chocolate syrup, the cup will have 100% pure milk. Hence the chocolate syrup will have 1 litre syrup + 1 cup milk. Now, from the mixture, when one cup of liquid is taken, it will have x% of Syrup and (100 - x)% of milk and x!=0.
Hence the quntity of milk that goes into syrup is more than the quantity of syrup that goes into the milk.
Therefore the milk is purer.
« #6 : June 08, 2007, 09:15:37 AM From prashant»

I dont agree with Prateek, lets take a quantitative approach to this, lets say we have 1 litre milk and 1 litre choclate, and lets say the cup is 250 ml, then one cup of milk off the milk bottle means we have 750 ml milk in that bottle, then we pur this milk in couclate so choclate has 1250 ml of mixture. then when u take out a cup from this mixture, assuming that this is  homogenous mixture formed, the proportion of milk in the cup drawn out is 250/1250*250 = 50 ml while choclate is remaing 200 ml of the cup, now when u add this cup to the milk bottle then amount of milk in that bottle is 750 ml + 50ml while amount of choclate is 200 ml.
Similarly in the choclate bottle 200 ml of choclate is gone so amount of choclate is 800(1000 - 200). and amount of milk let in the bottls is 250 -50 = 200 so both the bottles have equal proportion of thier respective concentrated mixture. so both are equally concentrated even after this mix,
tell me if i am wrong :)
« #7 : June 30, 2007, 12:21:04 PM From Prateek»

Thanks for the explanation Prashant. I agree I was wrong  ;D
: 1
« previous next »

Best RatedList All>>

Latest
Random

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Contact Webmaster | OnlineFunDb.com © 2009/10 | Legal Disclaimer