Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

September 26, 2017, 06:27:45 PM
: 1
: Einstein's Fish...  ( 4280 )
« : October 02, 2007, 08:43:32 PM From Rajesh»

Einstein's Fish...

This quiz was made up by Albert Einstein and according to him 98% will not solve it. There is a row of five houses, each having a different color. In these houses live five people of various nationalities. Each of them nurtures a different beast, likes different drinks and smokes different brand of cigars. 1. The Brit lives in the Red house. 2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets. 3. The Dane drinks tea. 4. The Green house is on the left of the White house. 5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee. 6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds. 7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dun-hill. 8. The man living in the center house drinks milk. 9. The Norwegian lives in the first house. 10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats. 11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dun-hill. 12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer. 13. The German smokes Prince. 14. The Norwegian lives next to the Blue house. 15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water. Who has fish at home? (are you one of the 2%).

Liked It? Share it!

« #1 : October 03, 2007, 09:31:48 PM From spazinvader»

I have finished the problem guys at last.But i took 1 full hour for this.
I have attached the solution as an excel table with this post.It is encrypted with a 15 digit password.The password is the mixture of the first 3 letters of the house men.
That is,
if the houses are
1)brit
2)swede
3)dane
4)norwegian
5)german

then the password is
bri
swe
dan
nor
ger
combined without any space (i.e)briswedannorger.
I have messaged Rajesh with the answer.Rajesh please reply if the solution is not right.
« #2 : October 04, 2007, 12:04:55 AM From Rajesh»

Great job .....Spazinvader.....!!!  :) U cracked that...

but i think we should give time ...for others too....!!
« #3 : October 15, 2007, 09:01:52 PM From lamha»

It's German who has the fish.

German:lives in Green house,drinks coffee,smokes Prince..

I worked out by the method of elimination along columns & rows.

Am I one among those 2% people?
« #4 : October 16, 2007, 04:16:23 PM From Rajesh»

congrts Lamha....u r among 2% brains of this world...  :)
« #5 : October 26, 2007, 03:39:57 PM From jaiswal»

didn't take much time...

German - fish
Norwegian - cats
Dane - horses
Brit - birds
Swede - dogs
« #6 : October 26, 2007, 10:21:42 PM From saurabh»

Was easy... But nice one...  Still i hv a doubt how can we assume that fifth animal has to be fish... cant it be anything else (is it a catch???)

On assuming fifth element as fish, answer is :

NorwegianDaneBritGermanSwede
CatHorseBirdFishDog
WaterTeaMilkCoffeeBeer
DHBlendPMPrinceBlue Master
YellowBlueRedGreenWhite
« #7 : October 28, 2007, 10:46:14 PM From spazinvader»

The fifth cannot be the one to catch Saurabh.
The first two houses could be easily found out fully.
We would then have a partially filled third one but it will give us the clear info about choosing the fourth animal.So there will be only one left for the fifth house which is fish.
: 1
« previous next »

Best RatedList All>>

Latest
Random

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Contact Webmaster | OnlineFunDb.com © 2009/10 | Legal Disclaimer