Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

November 21, 2017, 10:45:27 PM
: 1
: Frictionless Puzzle!  ( 3379 )
« : May 31, 2007, 08:17:07 PM From Ria»

Frictionless Puzzle!

A man is somehow made to stand in the middle of a room with absolutely no friction and also is in rest. The room is bounded by four walls with no windows and one door on one of the walls. How will he escape from the room without relentlessly crashing against the walls till he reaches the door?

Ofcourse this is a hypothetical situation. Hence I don't want questions back on its feasibility.

Liked It? Share it!

« #1 : June 11, 2007, 01:07:37 PM From PSM»

i didnt understood from where he will get the force....as it is a frictionless surface.........one thing can be this that he stands facing just opposite to the door ..and the tryies to move in forward direction(direction he is facing) now as he will try to apply force do to the frictionless surface he will slide backwards and in this way he can reach to door .............i dont know if this is correct......well plzz reply back if it correct or not...
« #2 : July 16, 2007, 11:04:27 PM From prabhakar»

he can throw anything in the exact opposite direction along the line connecting him and the door
« #3 : September 18, 2007, 09:52:52 PM From Rajesh»

The man can ex-hale strongly (breath outside) directly opposite to the door....and he will get a small external force on him....and since all d surfaces r frictionless a little force can drag even a very big object....so he will be driven out side the door by this force (even if the man is having nothing with him...)
: 1
« previous next »

Best RatedList All>>

Latest
Random

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Contact Webmaster | OnlineFunDb.com © 2009/10 | Legal Disclaimer