Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

February 21, 2018, 05:05:27 PM
: 1
: Which one is magnet?  ( 4242 )
« : May 29, 2007, 11:21:08 PM From Poonam»

Which one is magnet?

You have two identical bars,one of them is a magnet and the other one is Iron. How can u find out which one is magnet by just using ur hands?  ( and ofcourse using ur brain also..;) )

Liked It? Share it!

« #1 : May 30, 2007, 03:04:34 PM From kurchi»

we try n lift one bar at the middle using the other...the one tht can do so is the magnet and the other bar is the iron bar
« #2 : June 03, 2007, 12:13:03 PM From Prateek»

I guess it not totally correct assumption that an iron bar cannot lift a magnet by its center. The magnetic flux is minimum at its center but not zero. Hence the iron bar can make attract the magnet but the intensity and the power of attraction will be less.
« #3 : June 08, 2007, 09:30:20 PM From Poonam»

Yup.. Prateek is right.

One more solution:
Break the 2 bars in the middle. The one that attracts at its broken ends is a magnet. One that is not affected is iron bar.
« #4 : June 10, 2007, 07:55:26 AM From rahul»

guys cant we use the directional property of magnet.. i think we can..
« #5 : July 13, 2007, 06:06:08 PM From prithvi»

i think GURU breaking a iron bar with bare hands will be little tedious
possible solution acc to me......
choose any one bar and hit it continuously (dropping the bar from a height will also do the job) against any hard surface
if the selected bar was the magnet it will loose it's magnetic properties n if it was iron then the two bars will still get attracted
(magnet loose their properties on beating and heating)
: 1
« previous next »

Best RatedList All>>

Latest
Random

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines | Contact Webmaster | OnlineFunDb.com © 2009/10 | Legal Disclaimer